Please be aware that our runs operate under strict COVID protocols.
- No gathering in a big group at start or end of the run
- All runners to carry a mask or buff
- Practice social distancing
- We will break into small groups as per regulations while we run
- Please carry emergency contact numbers in your bag or on your wrist/shoe
- We will monitor the groups on a weekly basis for size
- VOB reserves the right to stop TMT if the COVID infections increase again in the Western Cape
- If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms, please stay at home
Saturday 15 May 2021 we head to the Republic of Hout Bay for a mix of trail and road.
We warm up with a trot up the road to the start of the trail at East Fort. From the shortcut trail we join the jeep track until we get the split to the higher contour path where we may split into groups, those who don't like heights or don't want the steeper climb can continue along the jeep track. We all end up at Blackburn Ravine and follow the contour path towards Chapmans Peak. Along the single track we are treated to magnificent views (weather permitting) across the bay.
At approximately 7km we can decide whether to summit Chapmans Peak or head down to Chapmans Peak drive, popping out by the "ticket checker". From here we have a leg stretch on the tar(approx 4km) back to our cars.
Please remember this a pack run led by committee, and its important that we look out for each other.
Rendezvous and Start Time