Good day Trailers,
Please be aware that runs are conducted under strict COVID protocols
- No gathering in a big group at the start or end of the run
- All runners to wear a mask when not running and practice social distancing
- We will break into small groups as per regulations if required during the run
- No personal sign in – but please ensure that the leader ticks you in/out.
Please carry emergency contact numbers in your bag or on your wrist/shoe
- We will monitor the groups on a weekly basis for size
- VOB reserves the right to stop TMT if the COVID infections increase again in the Western Cape
- If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms, please stay at home
- If you are not comfortable with group running yet, you can use the maps to enjoy the routes in your own time
This coming Saturday we will be returning to Cape Point for an old favourite the Olifantsbos- Sirkelvlei route. See attached map
We start from the parking area at the end of the t***d road run across the sand towards the beach, then follow the "shipwreck route" around Olifants Point to the remains of the Nolloth. Here we turn left and up the coastal sand dune and follow the path to the 3 way junction where we turn hard right and follow the path to Sirkelvlei.. Run along the Western shore of the vlei and take the path that leads through the "Arch" to the cliff overlooking the parking area. Down the footpath back to the cars. .
Rendezvous and start time
The main Gate to the Cape Point Nature Reserve only opens at 0800 and they take their time to process visitors so please get there early.
Entrance Fee You will need your ID Card and a SanParks Green/Wild card, otherwise SA Citizens pay R85 per head at the gate.
Drive about 2 km along the main road towards Cape Point and look out for the turn off to your Right which takes you to Olifantsbos. Just follow the road to the T junction, turn Left and drive to the parking area at the very end of the road. ready for a 0830 Start
Terrain and distance
Gentle undulating fynbos and sandy track running with an odd climb or two. Nothing too technical and no terrifying exposure to heights. Distance about 10km.
Weather This is CapeTown so expect anything but at the moment it is forecast to be a bright sunny day! We shall see
This will be decided on the morning.
It is planned to have a Relaxed group and a Brisk Walking group .
Important: Please remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to make sure the people behind you see which way you are going.
Leaders of each group will ensure that no-one is left behind. Please keep the groups together and ensure that no-one is left on their own.
Hope to see you there
082 374 6262