From: Geoff Nell <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021, 12:33
Subject: TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS: Saturday 5 June 2021 - Skeleton Gorge
Good day Trailers,
Please be aware of our runs under strict COVID protocols
- No gathering in a big group at start or end of the run
- All runners to carry a mask or buff
- Practice social distancing
- We will break into small groups as per regulations while we run
- No personal sign in – ensure the leader ticks you in/out. Please carry emergency contact numbers in your bag or on your wrist/shoe
- We will monitor the groups on a weekly basis for size
- VOB reserves the right to stop TMT if the COVID infections increase again in the Western Cape
- If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms, please stay at home
- If you are not comfortable with group running yet, you can use the maps to enjoy the routes in your own time
This coming Saturday we'll be getting our boots wet. From Cecelia Forest parking lot, we will go up the first muddy section of the river, take a right, up a little muddy path to the cycle track and the contour above Kirstenbosch. Along the contour to Skellies, up to the top. It is going to be wet. At the top take a right on Smuts track, left at the aqueduct, down the upper Disa river to the museum, across the dam wall, Ash valley, a bit of concrete, down Spilhaus Ridge, then Rooikat and back to the cars for a well-deserved refreshment.
There are lots of options to short cut the route at the top of Skellies.
At this stage the forecast is for a cool start at 14 degrees, some high cloud clearing to a BEYOOTIFUL day with very little wind. There is no rain during the week, but I am hoping that there will still be some water coming down Skeleton.
Rendezvous and start time
Meet at Cecelia Parking lot to start running at 7:30
Terrain and distance
All sorts of terrain – mud, rocks, water, concrete, single track, jeep track, about 12km
This is a pack run with regular regroups, we will split into 2 speed groups with leaders and sweeps on the morning.
The relaxed group will be confirmed on Friday
Please note that K-Way VOB club rules do not permit dogs on our runs.
What to bring
Water, whistle, warm/windproof top depending on weather, space blanket, ICE ID - either on your phone, bracelet/tag, card in your backpack.
Important: Please remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to make sure the people behind you see which way you are going.
Leaders of each group will ensure that no-one is left behind. Please keep the groups together and ensure that no-one is left on their own.
082 570 4405
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Table Mountain Trailers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to TMTrailersfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/TMTrailers/CAFm0%3D1qYpNSkQxkOZW6su6jECrbVfrnmhx5E0jVAfWeN8QkN%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.