Our run on Saturday is ON.
The weather is predicted to be cloudy with a breeze but it may change. Please come prepared for any weather as it may be cool in Silvermine.
See you there
082 893 8617
Next Saturday we are running a point-to-point route from the Turnaround point on Chapman's Peak Drive (no charge) up to the 4-way intersection for Chapman's peak, straight up the mountain into Silvermine then back to the Hout Bay lookout, down Blackburn ravine and home.
Car admin is required. We will meet at the beach parking in Hout Bay in front of Beach Café, hop into as few cars as possible to get to the turnaround point and run home. Lifts will be required to fetch cars from the turnaround point afterwards.
From the turnaround point on Chapman's Peak Drive, we go up to the 4-way intersection. We carry on straight and climb up into Silvermine landing on the jeep track. From here there are 3 options to get to the top of Blackburn Ravine. All are a similar distance but varying terrain. See attached map
- Turn left on the jeep track and follow this until the single track to the top of Blackburn. Turn left on this track, run to the Hout Bay lookout and down Blackburn and the jeep track to the road. Run down the road to the beach parking. – jeep track running and down BlackBurn
- Turn right on the jeep track for about 100m and take the single track leading to the Amphitheatre/Crassula path. Turn left on to this path and run to the jeep track. Turn left on the jeep track until the single track to the top of Blackburn Ravine. Turn right on this track, run to the Hout Bay lookout and down Blackburn and the jeep track to the road. Run down the road to the beach parking. – single track running and down Blackburn
- Turn left on the jeep track and run to the left turn on to the Panorama route along the ridge. Follow this path to the top of Blackburn Ravine. Go down Blackburn and the jeep track to the road. Run down the road to the beach parking. – single track undulating running and down Blackburn
Rendezvous and start time
We meet at the beach parking in Hout Bay at the bottom of Chapman's Peak Drive – near the Beach Café at 6h15am. We'll hop into as few cars as possible and drive up Chapman's Peak drive through the toll gate (tell them you're going to the turnaround point – no charge). Park at turnaround point ready to start running as close to 6h30am as possible. If you are late you will need to drive yourself up to the turnaround point – very little parking space available there.
Terrain & Distance
Single track climb up into Silvermine. Depending on the route chosen after that, there will be a mix of jeep track and single track with the last 1km of tar back to the cars.
Distance is around 11km
What to bring
Water, appropriate clothes for cool, windy, and/or wet weather, whistle, a space blanket and your ICE information
Please check the weather before you set off from home and pack the appropriate waterproof/warm gear.
Please note that TMT unfortunately does not allow dogs on its runs.
- Please carry emergency contact numbers in your bag or on your wrist/shoe
- If you are not well, please stay at home
082 893 8617
Warning: Trail running is inherently more dangerous than road running. It may take place over uneven hazard strewn trails in exposed and often remote terrain where help is not always readily available.
Participation is voluntary and entirely at your own risk as although the organizers take reasonable precautions to ensure runner safety, it cannot be guaranteed. To this end neither the Club nor the organisers personally can be held liable for any claims relating to inter alia, injuries, disabilities and death. Further any minor child participating in any trail running activity will be deemed to be doing so with the consent of his or her guardian.
By starting out on a trail run you explicitly acknowledge that:
1] you understand the associated risks involved and accept full responsibility for your own safety.
2] you are medically and physically fit to participate and
3] are carrying the necessary water, clothing and safety equipment required for the particular run.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Table Mountain Trailers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to TMTrailersemail@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/TMTrailers/00b201d8bafd%2445290cc0%24cf7b2640%24%40mweb.co.za.